MDMC member, Amy Flaherty, is a former elementary teacher with over 10 years teaching experience in both general and special education settings. She now works as a reading specialist, providing intervention for students with language based learning disabilities such as dyslexia. This talk/discussion will be tailored to the interests of our moms. Topics covered could include but are not limited to:
- Ways to support your child in reading, writing and math during early elementary
- Dyslexia, what is it?, early symptoms, what to do?
- writing/math/executive functioning challenges
- reading and math readiness for kindergarten
- what special needs intervention might look like
- tips for collaboration with teachers and support staff
- common core
Let Amy know your questions or areas of interest on the Facebook event page or by emailing her directly at email@example.com.
Look forward to seeing you all there!
The Mount Diablo Mothers' Club is a non-profit organization.
P.O. Box 4748, Walnut Creek, CA,94596. (925)-927-2424